SAIL is earned through yield farming on Clipper.
In order to partake in AdmiralDAO's community governance, you will need SAIL tokens. SAIL is earned through yield farming on Clipper. The process is simple: stake liquidity in the SAIL farming pool, let your rewards grow, and harvest your SAIL when ready.
Clipper’s farming pools are multi-asset liquidity pools made up of Clipper Core Assets (BTC, ETH, USDC, and other "blue-chip" tokens and stablecoins). Clipper has multiple farming pools that provide different reward tokens, but these instructions focus specifically on the SAIL farming pool.
- 1.From here, enter the token and amount you wish to deposit and connect your wallet.Note: The pool supports both individual asset and multi-asset deposits. If you are depositing $100k USD or more, a multi-asset deposit is recommended for better reward profits.
- 2.Allow Clipper to use your tokens.
- 3.You will be shown your potential SAIL earnings. Rewards will depend not only on the size of your deposit and current size of the farming pool, but also on the duration for which you let your rewards grow. Rewards gradually accrue over a specified time period (you will be shown the duration when making the deposit). You may harvest rewards at any time, or maximize your claim by harvesting at the end of the specified period.
- 4.Confirm your deposit.
- 5.Once the transaction completes in your wallet, your liquidity will be added to the farming pool and will start accruing SAIL. You will receive ClipperLP tokens upon depositing. ClipperLP tokens simply represent your fractional ownership of the underlying pool, they have no intrinsic value. ClipperLP is used in the harvesting process so hold onto them.
🌾 Rewards grow to 100% over the specified time period (often 30 days but may vary). You can harvest (withdraw) the amount available to you at any time, but we recommend letting your rewards grow for the full duration to maximize your return.
- 1.Visit the Rewards page to view your harvest data and harvest your rewards. Harvest data shows how much of your rewards are currently available to claim and how much time is left until you reach your maximum claim amount.
- 2.Click “Harvest” to begin harvesting.
- 3.Enter the amount of SAIL tokens you want to harvest. This can be equal to or less than the amount you have available to harvest.
- 4.Allow Clipper to use your ClipperLP tokens to harvest SAIL.
- 5.Confirm your harvest.
- 6.Once the transaction completes in your wallet, your SAIL is harvested to your wallet.